Monday, March 05, 2007

Un-Motherf*cking! Believable! (Bits) . . . Entry for March 5, 2007

This has got to be one of the most fucked up weeks I’ve had in quite a while. I don’t even know where to start, cause there’s so much to unload on you poor readers. I guess I’ll start with the roommate problem first.

I was warned that she liked pills, so put my meds up in a closet since I already knew L was an alcoholic, but I didn’t realize how bad till I saw the levels in my gallon wine jugs start dropping fast. Then I decided a “trust test” was in order, so before going over to my friends’ house, I inserted an 2 x 2 inch pamphlet in the crack of the door with a tiny bit of corner sticking out.

When I got back home to get my forgotten cell phone, I noticed the piece of paper was gone and the closet door closed. I opened the door and the square pamphlet was inside the in the middle of the carpet. To say I was pissed would be a severe understatement! She had followed me into my room too asking what was wrong and I told her the truth.

“I put a trap on my closet and the door was opened, what were you were doing in there?” Then she said she didn’t do it, may be her husband, who had been napping on my bed along with her when I left went in there, but I doubted it. The few days when he crashed on my couch, I was putting my meds elsewhere, but she knew exactly where I was keeping them now.

That was Saturday and I knew right then she was going to have to go to a shelter on Monday, because I can’t stand a liar or thief, and once that initial trust is broken (especially by someone with a substance abuse problem) then it seldom (if ever) gets repaired. I got some numbers off the list her husband had so I could make some calls and find her a place

I listened to her pleas of innocence but I’ve been with alcoholics before so they fell on deaf ears. I wasn’t buyin ‘what she was trying to sell, and told her I’d take her to a shelter on Monday. Well that night, when I was catching a lil’ buzz and chatting in my chatroom on anywebcam she made a pass at me, so we ended up having sex on cam on AWC.

It was pretty fucking hot, but for once I won’t get into details other than I was her first “squirter”. She told me it made her cum (even though she was “indisposed”) when I orgasmed and splashed my juices on her hand and up to my chest as she dildoed me with my acrylic toy again and again.

I would go into more naughty details, but I could see she was trying to use sex to manipulate me into letting her stay. But that wasn’t going to happen, cause I told her the sex was awesome, but it didn’t change anything. She still needed professional mental/emotional help I wasn’t qualified to give.

She got up earlier than I did and tried to let me use my car to go get her cigs (access denied!). I didn’t sleep well and when she woke me up hung over I was in no mood. So I got my hung-over ass up, drove the 5 miles to the store with a blinding headache. When we got back home I took my meds and a nice long nap (I had chatted with my Greek God friend until daylight, lol).

When I finally got up, I noticed she was unsteady on her feet, and sure enough, most of my wine was gone. I had told her to quit drinking my wine the night before, and she completely ignored my request. And to top it off, she was stumbling drunk in front of my kids, breaking another one of my few house rules, and must have been on some pills too, the way she was acting.

It was then, I knew she had to go . . . tonight! So I called a local detox program, and they gave me some suggestions. After calling one of the shelters for women that offer rehab services (they were full), the lady suggested that I take her to the hospital to detox, because no shelter will take someone in if they are drunk.

Well, I wasn’t looking forward to taking her all by myself because knowing her history, it scared me a little, cause she’s been known to get violent at times. So I lied to her, got her in the car and said we were going to the store and that I had business to take care of in town, and was very vague about it.

She doesn’t know the city of Owensboro at all, so I drove up to the ER entrance, and she asks “Why are we here?” So then I tell her, “This is where you need to be hun, I’m sorry but you need to detox before you can get into a shelter.” I got out of the care and ran in for an orderly to help me get her out, but by the time I got back, she took off running (and this is at 10 at night.

I had to call the police and make a report so they could find her, because it was cold and windy and I knew she had no where to go. They quickly found her hiding in the bushes at the hospital parking lot. But instead of taking her inside, they took her to jail for PI (public intoxication), she blew a .15 on a breathalyzer, but she’s “only had one drink all day” according to her.

The police told me I could come and sign her out, and take her to the hospital, but I knew she probably wouldn’t go for that so I let her spend the night in Jail. When I finally got home, she had just called me on the phone and my son handed it to me as I walked through the door.

She wanted me to come pick her up and sign her out! I couldn’t believe it! It’s about half an hour away in the first place, and I knew she wouldn’t let me take her to detox at the hospital. So I told her I was sorry, but the answer was no, and in the morning she really needed to check herself into the hospital and get some help, and hung up.

Today I found out that she‘s now at a Mental Hospital a few counties away and that’s a good thing. Because she needs treatment so bad to get her life back on track, and nothing her friends and family were doing was helping her. I hope her husband (also an alcoholic enabler) gets help at the shelter where he is staying, and not just playing the role of “functional alcoholic”.

They’ve been married 20 years, and both deserve a chance to make it 20 more . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Powerful story and some tough love showed by you. It is sometimes tougher to do the right thing, than the wrong one.