Saturday, March 24, 2007

When you were young . . . Entry for March 24, 2007

The Killers have this new song out, titled “When you were young” that I liked but never really listened to the lyrics very close until now. When it finally hit me I recognized something inside me, cause I paused and overlaid the lyrics onto my life:

When You Were Young (The Killers)


You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now
Here he comes

He doesn’t look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined
When you were young

Can we climb this mountain
I dont know
Higher now than ever before
I know we can make it if we take it slow
Let's take it easy
Easy now
Watch it go

We're burning down the highway skyline
On the back of a hurricane
That started turning
When you were young
When you were young

And sometimes you close your eyes
And you see the place where you used to live
When you were young

They say the devil's water
It ain't so sweet
You don’t have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now
Here he comes

He doesn’t look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined
When you were young
(Talks like a gentleman)
(Like you imagined)
When you were young

I said he doesn’t look a thing like Jesus
He doesn’t look a thing like Jesus
But more than you'll ever know


I realized I’d been looking towards my ex’s, and trying to fill some of the emptiness inside by reliving old times. But I see now that’s just what they are, the past, not the present, and told myself “There’s a very good reason you made them your ex’s in the first place, dumb ass!” and have now ended pursuit of what once was, once and for all.

I’ve been yearning for someone to share so much more than just fantastic sex (that’s out there for the picking sometimes). Yet sometimes I don’t feel like picking any at all. Of course I say this now that it seems I might have to resort to local bar hopping to fulfil my need for social interaction. Though that kind of sux if I have to drive myself, I just won’t drink and drive.

But of course there is more than one way to intoxicate one’s self. Intelligent conversation is one way. Intelligence is sexy and appreciation of my intelligence is a plus, but that’s hard to find here in Redneck Land (sigh). I’ve tried Yahoo personals, and even cleverly managed to hide my e-mail address in the profile message, but that hasn’t worked too well.

A little bit of Ganja also works well to stimulate . . . uh, what was I talking about? My train of though just got derailed, but I want to tell you about this guy I started e-mailing named VB. His first email was about my blog and that newspaper’s article about the group that kicked me out. He slipped in an invitation to go riding on his bike sometime and I was going to take him up on that for sure.

He works in an IT department and I told him us geeks need to stick together, lol. Well over the weekend a few of his emails got unread because my ex was visiting me. But as I was playing email catch up the other day when it was pretty outside, he asked me if I wanted to go for a ride, so of course I said “Hell yea!”

We were meeting at the local IGA parking lot (a safe place) cause sometimes you just never know about people you meet on line. I’m not adverse to meeting people, but I have to feel comfortable with them online first and then a face to face in a safe place. I saw him pull into the parking lot from the road while I dropped off a prescription refill.

I saw you before you first saw me
I was peeking through the window from the pharmacy
Walking outside trying to cross your path
cause I saw you looking for me east and west
when a car finally moved out of your way
I waved and you smiled, forever brightening my day

Well, we rode for a bit, then made a water stop and talked a little bit about everything particular. He’s a handsome man, a just few years older than me and said he remembered my profile saying something about liking younger men, but you guys know me, I’m flexible, lol. During our conversation, I heard him mention something about “girlfriend” but honestly I liked looking in his eyes and face, so didn’t pay attention.

I enjoying the ride back to the car, wind rushing by, holding on to him tight, tickling his belly-button and squeezing my thighs tight against his sides, and my clit feeling the vibration of the bike was making me wet. I though about dildo attachments could be creative passenger accessories, there’s probably a market for it, lol.

Getting off his bike, I went around and told him I just had to kiss him goodbye. It was a sweet kiss, and I played nice and didn’t slip him the tongue. We talked for a minute more after that, and I kissed him goodbye again, and drove across the lot to the pharmacy, watching his back shrink in the distance.

We both had a nice afternoon, but I probably wouldn’t have kissed him if I knew he had a girlfriend . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somethings happen when you let them happen...There's a Guy in West Virginia that has had his eye on you for years...All he wants is to have a nice conversation with a very wondeful lady...Would Love to Get to know her alot better if he gets the chance...Live life to the fullest

Ciao 4 Now
Shadow