Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Eviction Saga (1) . . . Entry for April 19, 2007

Well the gloves came off tonight and I received a notice (via the Ohio County Sheriff) that I am being evicted from my residence and am due in court April 23, not even a week from now. The causes stated are that I (the Defendant) “have breached the lease because of the following: Not having trash hauled off and having animals in the house.”

OK, like these are completely different reasons that he gave me after I handed him his rent check on the 3rd . First off, I haul off my own trash to the dump on Wednesdays since it’s free on that day. The garbage service here won’t come down the long driveway, so I would have to haul it up there myself, and I figure “Fuck it, I’ll do it myself for free.”

Not to mention I kept asking the landlord and JD as well to bring a truck down so I could load up the junk and they could drive it up to the chicken houses and I’d dump it. Both of them said they would, and JD even promised after exchanging sexual favors. Exchanging my ass, I wasn’t getting anything from our meetings.

Second, the animal thing. When I moved in, there were mice here, isn’t that an animal? The landlady said something to me about the dogs in the house after I first moved in. I explained that living here, a single Mom out in the country, alone, I had the dogs as protection. So we agreed that I was allowed to have my dogs in the utility room, and there they have been.

My cats all live outside, except for injured ones, like one I have now that has a gaping 3” round hole in the skin of his neck/cheek. The scab came off and it’s so gross! You can see the tendons and muscle, but it’s not infected and smells clean now.

I always wanted to be a vet when I was a kid and I got my chance today. This animal rescue lady told me what to do every step of the way. She was awesome! She told me to go to Rural King (the Extreme Redneck version of Wal-Mart) and buy livestock tetracycline and give him and injection and squirt some in the wound, so I did. He’s responding well and his prognosis is good, but I digress.

So the landlords “animals in the house” isn’t really valid, especially when he allows other tenants (JD up the hill) to have pets in their homes. The thing is the Sheriff had this document for 14 days before I got it, now how fair is that? But then as I read it, it might just be coincidental, but the clerk’s last name is the same as my landlord.

I also filed a complaint today with the KY Board of Human Rights . . .

No comments: