Friday, December 29, 2006

Turnips anyone? . . . Entry for December 29, 2006


OK, I know you’re saying to yourselves "WTF is up with the Mario sized veggies?" (only Nintendo gamers will get that reference, lol) The old man down the road just picked these huge beauties from his garden and now I can say I have the biggest turnips in town, hehehe (yea, smoke another one Techy!). But really this is a commentary on how wonderfully warm the weather has been so far this winter here in Kentucky.

It’s been more like "What winter?" We’ve only had one cold snap that brought a little snow, then some rain, but damn, here it is almost January and I had the front door open today to cool off the house. The temperature had to be in the mid 60’s at least, I went out walking in just my t-shirt, and it’s been like that for several weeks now.

In the over 15 years I’ve lived in Kentucky, I’ve never seen it stay this nice for this long. This warm weather kinda sux though, my son’s 15th birthday is Thursday and I bought him a snowboard. Now it looks like he won’t get a chance to use it this year. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m eating up all this gorgeous sunshine.

But it’s kinda creepy when you think about global warming and all. Besides, I’m from the "TANSTAAFL" school of thought (Their Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch) and I think we’ll probably end up paying for this nice weather in one way or another. I just wish my kids were already back in school so I could lay outside naked one last time this year.

Maybe I’ll put my giant turnips up for sale on eBay, lol . . .




No comments: