Saturday, December 02, 2006

No luck at all sometimes . . . Entry for December 2, 2006

Damnit, December is barely here and I’ve just slipped on the deck stairs outside! I tried to catch myself but I think that made my fall worse. My slippered foot went right out from under me and I grabbed harder at the rail, trying to break my fall. Then my other foot slipped too and bent kinda in half then my ass hit the step hard, I’ll probably have one helluva sunset colored bruise tomorrow. I hurt my left foot, wrentched my already sore shoulder, hurt my thumb, and I don’t know what else, I’m tired and it hurts a little all over.

I had worked in Indiana tonight until almost 11pm at a Merrill Lynch site finishing up an IP phone project. Then I went over the river to Henderson, Ky and chilled out at a girlfriends' house for a bit, then got home at about 2:30am. I was hoping my 3 high school age sons would be asleep by then so I could hide my Christmas shopping in the shed out back and lock it. But of course they slept right after getting home from school so now are up for the night.

It stormed all day yesterday but it was still kind of warm, but that didn’t last for long. When night came, the cold front blew loudly and this morning we got our first sprinkle dusting of snow. But for the rest of today, it was just very cold and windy. When I got home I didn’t have a problem coming up the steps at all. After coming in the house and changing I put on my slippers and went to get my laptop out of the trunk and holler for my dogs to come in.

The deck wasn’t icy, just a little frosty looking, kind of sparkly and pretty actually. A light frost rimed everything but my feet were steady until I got to the stairs and down I went. Ain’t that about a bitch? I feel like Rodney Dangerfield sometimes, shit always seems to keep happening to me. The fall I just took just now is in addition to another injury I sustained earlier today while I was getting dressed.

I accidentally ripped most of the remaining half of my right pinky toenail when I put on my pants and it snagged on a seam. I grabbed my foot and cussed like hell. The scrap of toenail hung by just a shred of cuticle, so I yanked hard and took it all off. It hurt like fuck too! Then as I limped my bleeding toe into the bathroom, I jammed it right into the doorframe. Damn, I just noticed it even left a bloodstain. I swear, I got no luck at all sometimes . . .

No comments: