Sunday, April 30, 2006

Does poetry translate? . . . Entry for April 30, 2006

I wrote Hunter some poetry specifically to be translated via Babel Fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr), just to see if it translated well. He hasn’t told me if he’s read it or not yet. I’m kinda afraid to ask because I chatted with him yesterday while I was tired and drinking (ok, I was more than half drunk) and I got kinda emotional. I have been enjoying his company way WAY too much for an online relationship. My head should (and does) know better, but tell that to my stupid heart. I was just in a down mood, problems with kids, no job, etc. and was feeling sorry for myself. I got over it though, I logged on to AWC and took my webcam in the bathroom while I bathed, lol. Hunter left before I finished my bath, so never got to ask him if he saw it or understood it. This is the first poem I wrote. I didn’t try to make it rhyme on purpose (though it was hard to come up with words that way), and it’s Greek translation:

From the very first moment I saw you,
you have remained in my mind, constantly.
So close at times I feel like I can touch you,
yet so far away, you might as well be on the moon.

The excitement that you cause this body,
makes me shiver deliciously, all the way to my toes.
It happens every time I see your smiling, handsome face,
you light up my day like lightning in the night.

These feelings I'm having are just crazy!
Is it all an illusion, or just flights of fantasy?
I'm so afraid of being disappointed again,
but there's nothing about you that is typical.

So forgive me, I don't mean to offend.
The last thing I want to do is make you mad.
But to me you seem to be too good to be true,
and if this is a dream, please don't wake me.

Από την πρώτη -πρώτη στιγμή που σας εβλέίδα,
έχετε παραμείνει στο μυαλό μου, συνεχώς.
Τόσο κοντά κατά περιόδους αισθάνομαι ότι όπως μπορώ να σας αγγίξω,
όμως τόσο μακρυά,
επίσης να είστε στο φεγγάρι.
Ο ενθουσιασμός ότι προκαλείτε αυτό το σώμα,
με κάνει να τρέμω υπέροχα, όλος ο τρόπος στα toe μου.
Συμβαίνει κάθε φορά που βλέπω το χαμόγελό σας,
το όμορφο πρόσωπο,
εσείς ανάβει επάνω την ημέρα μου όπως την αστραπή στη νύχτα.
Αυτά τα συναισθήματα που έχω είναι ακριβώς τρελλά!
Είναι αυτό όλο μια παραίσθηση,
ή ακριβώς οι πτήσεις της φαντασίας;
Είμαι τόσο φοβισμένος της απογοήτευσης πάλι,
αλλά εκεί τίποτα για σε που είστε χαρακτηριστικός.
Έτσι με συγχωρήστε, δεν σημαίνω να προσβάλω.
Το τελευταίο πράγμα που θέλω να κάνω είναι σας καθιστά τρελλούς.
Αλλά σε με φαίνεστε να είστε πάρα πολύ καλοί να είστε αληθινοί,
και εάν αυτό είναι ένα όνειρο, παρακαλώ δεν με ξυπνάτε.

The second poem I wrote is straight from the heart. Though it was kinda hard to write with all the interruptions from Yahoo messenger. Strange, because my online message had the “I AM BUSY” icon, and my message said I was busy. Although I did leave my cam up for all to view. Friends, please, if it seems I’m ignoring you after several attempts, it probably means I’m kinda busy, OK? Thanks, I was in creative mode and needed to write, lol. Anyways, I like this second effort alot better. I hope he can understand it after I translate it for him:

Hunting for a new reality

I saw your webcam and it opened my wondering eyes,
to a view that is so beautiful to me.
Now that you've got my attention in more ways than one,
I can't get enough of you, see?
Sometimes I countdown the hours until I see that special face,
even though I don't know when that might be.
But I can hardly wait so please don't hesitate,
to show me that smile that is meant just for me.
You would be a dream come true, if you were only for real.
And yes I know all of this is pure fantasy.
But you inflame my senses so completely and in every way;
You make me want to hunt for a new reality.
The kind of pleasure you bring when our passions meet head on,
floods my body with feelings I dare not name.
This may not be for real, just something made up in my head,
but to my heart it feels like it just the same.
So please let me down gently; will you promise to break it to me slow,
when the time comes to end this sensual game?
I must remember there are no winners or losers, in the end it's a draw,
and all the players should be glad that they came.

No comments: