Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tech Talk - hoaxes (and a lil' more, lol) . . . Entry for August 3, 2006

This is the second time this week I've gotten one of those "FWD: fwd: Fwd:" e-mails informing me of the latest virus threat that's going to completely wipe clean my hard drive, bring civilization to it's knees and I need to send this to everyone I've ever known NOW, lol. The last one was from my Dad, and his contribution to the e-mail was "Could be B/S. Don't know." So I sent him this reply, and hopefully it will stop some of these hoaxes. It's a hoax Dad. If you ever get one of these again and want to check it out, go to one of the anti-virus sites like TrendMicro or McAfee, because rest assured they would probably know FIRST when a new virus hits. What happens with hoaxes is that they bog down mail servers exponentially when you send it to your mailing list and they send it to theirs, etc. You can subscribe to one of the anti-virus site's bulletins and they can e-mail you virus bulletins and alerts. But most importantly, keep your anti-virus software updated.
kisses!
tst

And while I'm at it . . . Come on you Yahoo Instant Messenger users, right clicking a group in your buddy list and sending that selected text will NOT work! You still won't be able to see if they're online if they choose to be invisible. Of course there are other ways around that but damn people, if somebody wanted the public in general to bug them, then they wouldn't be hiding. Respect a user's right to invisibility, lol.

On a more personal note, several things have been going on this week. I went swimming with Dar and Ard again this past weekend. The picture above was taken at Iberia, at Nolin Lake. I'm having a lot of fun with my girlfriend and her hubby these days (grin). They've been over here camping out, and we've been going there hanging out and having fun (wink).

I met yet another guy thru my 360 page and have been chatting a lot. This gorgeous Italian guy living on the Great Lakes. He loves fishing too and we've been having fun chatting back and forth. We're having even more fun now since I pressured him into buying a webcam (they're less than 25$ at Wal-Mart). Actually he is going to be in the area for a business trip next week and wants to meet me. So next week might get interesting, lol.

Also I've been talking to my ex BF Shawn this past week. Well, not talking actually, we were sending e-mails back and forth while he waited over at a friend's house to go to work. Last week he called several times when I was gone, but finally talked to him on the phone last night. I was so happy to hear his voice! It reminded me of all the good times we shared for nearly 3 years before everything fell apart.

We talked for a little bit and I wanted some phone sex, but he couldn't, his ex-wife (he's with her and his 3 kids again) was due home from work. He's supposed to call me today and get naughty with me, lol. After about 20 minutes or so, we got off the phone and I just laid there in bed, thinking about, and my feelings for, him and dozed off. I woke up to the phone ringing and it was him again.


He told me I needed to download this one episode of Futurama called "Parasites Lost" and it would explain exactly how he felt about me. So I downloaded it while sleeping and just got finished watching it, and I cried a little bit. The message he tried to give me (wrapped up in tapeworms no less, lmao) was that I was everything to him (as he was to me at one point), and how he lost me and will probably never get me back, but he still has that hope. It was beautiful really.


And finally I've started talking to my Dad again, and I happened to mention that I have a somewhat popular blog, and have fun blogging. He e-mailed me and said that "blog" sounded like an STD, lol. And I thought no, but if you're not careful, it can lead to a few. Then he asked me for my blog address. Uh oh . . . there lies the dilemma. My Dad is really cool, despite the fact that I haven't talked to him in about 7 years.

He used to party with me and my friends and I could always (and did) talk to him about anything and everything, etc. He used to look (and acted a little, lol) like George Carlin, gray beard, ponytail and all. But now he's got chronic acute emphysema, and it's not too good. So here's my question: Would you allow your (lets face it, dying) parent(s) to read extremely intimate, personal and occasionally erotic material about your life?

1) No WAY! Are you fucking nuts? My parents would have heart failure!

2) Yea, my parents are WAY cool! They would understand anything and be happy that I'm happy.

3) Hmmm, maybe. Tell them what it's about and give them the opportunity to decide.
4) I'm way too private to write about my life anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with you honest sexulaty. It's nice to know that someone near to my heart will be so honest with their feelings.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd share that info with my parents... not cause I'm HIDING It.. but cause each person has their own sexual life that is for the most part personal.... I don't think my parents would be any more excited about learning about my sex life than I would be about learning about THEIRS!!!!!!!