Monday, August 21, 2006

Poetry Corner . . . Entry for August 21, 2006

I haven't posted some poetry in a while, so here is some old and some new stuff.

Best Friend
Civilian hellos exchanged

Over fresh laundry twisting

On the line like feathers in the breeze
Coffee shared with a good dose of gossip To sweeten it up
And a touch of humor to make it light
Good time bar hoppin'

Clones separated at birth

The scheming men gather around
Your sable ringlets
And Bauch and Lomb green eyes

Claws sheathed momentarily

They want to taste the artichoke heart

But forget about the prickly thistle
Dear Abby advice was always
Given the right of way

And heeded as much as the stop sign

At the end of the street

You were my favorite charity I gave until I bled
You casually wounded emotions
Regardless of the cursed victims

Arranged attractively in the aisles

Not content with a man of your own,
You tried seducing mine
Only because you thought you could

Little did you know that was the line I tattooed under my skin
Nearly sorry to see you gone
I won't know what do
Without a vampiric leach upon my neck

Sucking out it's minimum daily requirement

Of love and friendship

That you said you needed so much, like air

Well I'm breathing easier now

My wallet's fatter, house is cleaner

And my life is uncluttered

Maybe a little lonelier

But now I'm safe,
Like a snowman under a glass globe
Untouchable to friendship

For who knows how long

Mass transfusions of trust will be necessary

Before the title best friend
Is offered to a willing candidate again

Unanswers
Slowly the apple wine starts unwinding
That tight spring I've felt for days

Wondering about the reasons and the ways
Coldness emanating from your direction
Speculation and determination
What is really the situation?
Conversation commences, and questions boldly asked
Evasions, and equations that have no answers
Selfishness and self-pity, angry lovers entwined

The other self, realization, left far behind
Love is such a funny thing, as is her sister affection

Misinterpretation often occurs with these twins
So dramatic the leaving, as punishment I suppose

The question of friendship, after wishes of care

Left unanswered, and things go, once again unrepaired

No comments: